The ARC Consistory has chosen Protect My Ministry, a respected online source for churches, to conduct background checks and training for individuals who volunteer to serve ARC’s children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
The ARC Safe Sanctuary Team is responsible for carrying out the screening review process for both volunteers, paid church staff, and contractors.
The application process is as follows:
- Applicant completes the ARC Volunteer Form and sends it to the church office either in person or by mailing it to ARC, PO Box 671, Altamont, NY 12009. Applications must be provided in a sealed envelope to protect personal information.
- The church office administrator submits the application to Protect My Ministry for a background check. The applicant will be notified when the check is complete.
- The Safe Sanctuary Team sends reference forms to the references identified by the applicant.
- After the background check is complete, a member of the Safe Sanctuary Team interviews the applicant.
- If necessary, the applicant completes child safety training provided either by ARC or online at Protect My Ministry. The church office is responsible for sending a link for the training to the applicant, if needed.
- When the screening and training are complete, the Safe Sanctuary Team will notify the applicant whether he/she has been accepted to work with children, youth, and adults with developmental disabilities.
A confidential, secure Safe Sanctuary file will be maintained in the church office for storage of applicants’ Safe Sanctuary paperwork.
Click here for the complete ARC Safe Sanctuary Policy (pdf).
Safe Sanctuary Requirements for Volunteers and Staff
Supervision of Children and Youth